Welcome all my Friends and Visitors!

I just want to welcome everyone to my blog. I hope you enjoy your visit here.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Angel's Update!

So much has been happening here the last couple of weeks. Either with Mom or Angel. This is really hard for me to write at this time.

Well we were told that Angel's heart is getting worse. Three years ago we were told that she had a stage 3 heart murmur. When we took her in for some skin issues we were told that her heart murmur is a stage 5 1/2 now. Which means her heart is getting worse. There's nothing they can do except to make her comfortable. There are times when she has problems keeping fluid out of her lungs. When this happens we have to give her a pill to help get the fluid away from the lungs. This is a very fast acting pill. It usually only takes about 20 minutes to work, which helps her to stop coughing and choking. She's had one of these spells twice in the last 2 weeks. The vet is telling us that once we starting giving her this pill twice a day. He is saying that she will probably only live 6 to 8 months more. This is the hardest thing that I've ever had to hear about Angel.

Mom and I have had Angel since she was 6 months old. She will be 13 years old next August. I know she's getting old, but that doesn't make it any easier. As far as I'm concerned Angel will always be my baby. Angel is a female Shih Tzu for those that don't know what kind of dog that we have. She's really helped Mom and I get through some rough times. She's been there when I really needed some extra special loving.

It really bothers me when people say "it's just a dog"!!!!!! Angel is more than a dog, she's a friend and a family member.

Mom and I will be so heart broken when her time comes. No other dog will ever be able to replace the love and time that we've had with her. She will always be in our hearts.

Well, that's enough said about my little Precious Angel!

Thanks for listening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


3 comments:

ELLIE said...

Girlfriend - I am so very very sorry - it made me cry just reading about it all - I wish there was something I could do to make things better - plz know that angel is in my thoughts and prayers - now she needs you all - just keep loving her - as you have always done - take care
-Ellie

Unknown said...

Oh I am so sorry to hear about Angel. I know exactly how you feel when it comes to a beloved pet. They are part of your family and you love them as such. People who say it is just a dog do not understand! My prayers to you and Angel.

Take Care,
Tabby

Unknown said...

Marilyn, I am so very sorry for all that you, your mom and Angel are going through right now. At least Angel knows that she is loved so very very much. She is very fortunate to have you as her mom.
Huggers
Nikki