Welcome all my Friends and Visitors!

I just want to welcome everyone to my blog. I hope you enjoy your visit here.

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Hello Everyone!

I'm so sorry that it's been almost 4 months since I've posted on my blog. There's been so many things that's been going on here since we moved into our new house. Between all the unpacking and working, doctors appointments. There just doesn't seem to me enough hours in the day.

Mom's health has really changed since we've moved. She fell the first week we got moved into the house. She hurt her arm pretty bad. I've been fighting her doctors to get them to do something about all the pain that she's been having. And the weakness that she has in both of her legs. Last month a dear friend Pam told me about a Pain Management doctor that she goes too. We made an appointment figured it couldn't hurt since her other doctors don't seem to be helping her any good. Dr. Columbus took x-rays and lots of blood work. They came back saying she's got very bad arthritis in her back and knees. We were also told yesterday for the first time that she's also got Fibromyalgia. This is something that none of the other doctors have bothered to tell us. He wants to give her shots in her back and knees. But we have to wait and she what her heart doctor says first since she's on blood thinners. So it's all another waiting game for us!!!!!
So we'll just have to see what happens next. We go back to see Dr. Columbus in 2 weeks.

I'm doing pretty good. We had Linda & Bob Murphy over this morning to help me start getting things hung up on the walls. It felt so good getting to see some of my wonderful pictures and angels out of boxes. I'm beginning to start getting my Angels and dolls unpacked now. I was finally able to find the display cabinets and shelves that I thought would work. This will be the first house that we've lived in that I'll actually be able to have all my collection out all at one time. Now the house is really beginning to fill like home!!!!!

Here's just a few pictures that I've taken so far. I'll be taking lots more once I get the rest unpacked and displayed where I want them to be.



This is one of the display units that I have in my bedroom.


This is is what my dresser looks like. I'm so excited that everything is coming together now.

I'll be posting more pictures after I get the rest of the boxes unpacked. I had over 40 boxes of just collectibles. I think that after working on a few boxes tonight I'm probably down to less than 15 boxes to work on. Then it will be just moving things around to where I think they look the best.

I'm going to try and keep my blog more up to date now.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend so far.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Marilyn,
It is good to hear from you. I am sorry to hear about your moms condition, my sister has fibromyalgia and it is indeed painful. I love how you have everything set up in you pictures how lovely! Take care.

ELLIE said...

I am sorry to hear about your mom - but I truly hope that this new doctor can help her out tremendously. love the pictures so far of your collectables - i can't wait to see more pics...thanks for sharing it all!!!